Friday, May 26, 2006

The Best Pub in all of England

Is the One-Eyed Rat in Ripon, North Yorkshire. This little place is a gem...however I have not been there in about a year and I've heard that it is under new management. All that I can say is that I hope that the great tradition carries on...imagine a traditional pub: wooden floors, worn smooth from many feet, a coal fire blazing in the front of the bar to greet you on those damp winter nights, and a warm welcome from the staff behind the low bar, which serves a GREAT variety of real ales, all kept to perfection. The bar serves no food other than pickled eggs, crisps, and nuts, and there is NO music OR electronic gaming machines! The place buzzes with conversation and laughter, unadulterated with the sounds of our modern madness. It's like stepping back into a slower, more welcoming time, and for any who appreciate a good pub and great beer...I hope to see you at the 'rat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home